Details For You(th)
Empowering youth with the skills and experience they need to thrive in the workforce and their communities is at the heart of everything we do. Civiconnect offers youth skills development training in a variety of different skills using a multitude of delivery methods that help youth grow and succeed. And you get paid to participate!
At this time, you must be a Niagara resident between the ages of 15-29 to be eligible to apply to participate in the Youth Skills Studio.
We focus on developing skills in 3 core areas to provide youth with the tools they need to succeed at work and beyond:
- Work Ethic
Learn high-demand, technology related skills to succeed in today’s marketplace:
- Digital Marketing
- Web Development
- IT Systems Administration
Experience is invaluable for youth entering the workforce and our programs reflect that:
- Learn by doing while you work on real projects for real businesses in our work-integrated learning environment
- Non-technical skills are integrated into the work week via regular workshops
- We mentor and coach participants to help them translate the YSS experience into work and life.
- Participation is a paid experience